Creating a wave using simple particles

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Creating a wave using simple particles

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It's simply one single shape following a path. Then the layer with the shape is inside a particle layer.
You can play with different colors and brushes. There are many painting styles you can get by modifying the shape, width, brush, etc.

Here's the .moho file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9g9ne5f43h52b ... .moho?dl=0
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
synthsin75

Re: Creating a wave using simple particles

Post by synthsin75 »

Wow, nice effect, Victor.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That looks fantastic Victor!
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Humm? I wonder what this would look like if it was smaller and rolling up on a beach?

Dale
Lychee

Post by Lychee »

Great work Selgin as always.
But like your "Follow Path as a pseudo bone" post, i realy dont understand how the points follow the path, because me i have the entire layer who move along the path without any points torsions.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Lychee wrote:Great work Selgin as always.
But like your "Follow Path as a pseudo bone" post, i realy dont understand how the points follow the path, because me i have the entire layer who move along the path without any points torsions.
You just need to hold Alt when you click the path to follow.
windy_kid

Post by windy_kid »

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to Moho but can you animate the path as the object moves along it? Then you give the effect of the wave rising up and then crashing down.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

windy_kid wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to Moho but can you animate the path as the object moves along it? Then you give the effect of the wave rising up and then crashing down.
It's not a stupid question at all. Yes, you can animate the path and the particles will continue following it.
Actually, I used a similar technique on Kukulkán (one of the default characters coming with Moho 12). That character has rocks floating around its body. The rocks are particles following a path. And the path is bound to the skeleton. So if Kukulkán's body is animated, the path is also animated and the rocks will follow that movement.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel