Anime Studio Debut

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Perfrid

Anime Studio Debut

Post by Perfrid »

I am a teacher who has a few Jr/Sr high school students using Anime Studio Debut.
They are making an animation of a star dropping from the sky and doing a little dance on a planet. The problem is this, they draw the mouth and then want to color it in. They can select the mouth and it is full of those little dots which indicate that it is selected. They use the paint bucket tool and fill in the object, say its was originally blue and now it is green. We can see that it is green but as soon as we click anywhere else on the canvas or move the object we just colored it goes back to being blue.
So we selected the object again (we know that it is selected as it is covered in those little dots. I don;t know what else to call this.) and color it red. We can see that it is red in color (it is still covered in little dots but we can see the color red). When we click anywhere else on the canvas and or move this object it goes back to being blue.

The layer that the open mouth is on is a sub layer. There is an open, half way open, and closed sub layer to the Mouth layer. On the layers palette all of the sub layers have the little white blob on it, however on the layer with the open object, the little white blob is there but dimmed/faded a bit. I think that this is the problem but I don;t know what that means and how to fix it.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
dueyftw

Re: Anime Studio Debut

Post by dueyftw »

It sounds like you have used 'Styles' And one you do that the 'Style' stays until you change it. Go to 'none' and apply it to the shape then change it with a New 'Style' You need to release it from being blue before it can become green.

Dale