Shapes: How do I get POINTED/PEAKED corners

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Raaskot

Shapes: How do I get POINTED/PEAKED corners

Post by Raaskot »

A matter still puzzling me when I draw geometrical shapes in Moho: How do I get POINTED/PEAKED corners when drawing shapes with sharp -- and not round -- corner points? Does it make sense? Please see drawing below.
Kind regards, Mikael

Greenlaw

Re: Shapes: How do I get POINTED/PEAKED corners

Post by Greenlaw »

I think peaks are always rounded in Moho. For me, that's not typically an issue because strokes are rarely drawn thicker than a few points, plus I think sharp peaks can look over-long and weird at acute angles, but I do see what you mean.

I guess if you really needed a sharp corner at that scale, you could make it a fill shape instead?

Sorry, I know that's not what you're asking for but I think this is the only way with the current tools.
Raaskot

Post by Raaskot »

Thanks, Greenlaw.
Thus I dont have to wonder anymore and your suggestion is helpful. Just for demonstration this issue (peaking corners) is of matter if I create a box, outlined, with non-round corners.
Kind regards, Mikael

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

An easy solution for a square is to create a square brush to apply to the stroke.
Raaskot

Post by Raaskot »

Square brush -- of course.
Good point:)

Kind regards, M.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wow, that's a clever solution!

The way I would have done it is to make a black filled rectangle with a white filled rectangle inside.

Both methods will work in many cases, however, if you need to deform the thick-lined box with bones or mesh-warping, the multi-shape method may work better, but only after you apply split to the boxes a few times (actually, that would be true with either method). For the square brush method, the edges will deform nicer but the corners might get weird. For the double-box may also need to adjust the number and position of those points for the deformations to occur evenly to both boxes. The method you choose really depends on your intentions.

I guess what it boils down to is that we need a miter limit setting.