New Moho 12 Feature - Pin Bones

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

New Moho 12 Feature - Pin Bones

Post by funksmaname »

Hey guys,
Here is just one use for Pin Bones - they can also be used as Smart Bones, and to control the new Mesh Warps, but I'll cover those in other tutorials... Hope you enjoy, let me know what you'd like to see next.

jahnocli

Re: New Moho 12 Feature - Pin Bones

Post by jahnocli »

I had to stop halfway through this tutorial because it seemed to be a procession of effects, rather than working towards something (if that makes sense). Usually your tutorials are more focussed. This is just me, but I'd prefer a clear statement and demonstration of what the tutorial is aiming at to begin with, and then I can focus on what is being shown. Just trying to give you some feedback...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks, I was really wondering about this. I use regular "hold" bones in similar fashion to achieve foreshortening, but pin bones are way more powerful. Also, the layer selection very cool.

I'm looking forward to a Smart Warp demo. I'm wondering if it can achieve something similar to Live2D rigging.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Yeah, sorry...didn't mean to sound ungrateful.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

No worries Jahncoli, thanks for the feedback.

Actually, there is very little info out there at the moment about the new features so I wanted to introduce them.

In the interest of getting some info about Moho12 out there, showing bits of interface, new features and things like that I'm going to put out a few feature introduction vids that are less focused than specific ideas, and follow up with those later (although, the fact my past vids seem more focused is a complete fluke as I do tend to just excitedly explain stuff as I go along :P).