"Fixing a Hole" - Tutorial 2.2 fix

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

daveindezmenez

"Fixing a Hole" - Tutorial 2.2 fix

Post by daveindezmenez »

I ran into a brick wall in the tutorial manual that came with Anime Studio Pro 11 and I think I hit the same one when I was using Anime Studio Debut 10. The tutorial they provided that describes how to make an object with a hole in it simply didn't work. I suspect it once had for an earlier version of the program but they never updated the manual. So here is a step-by-step of how draw an object with one or more holes in it in a way that actually works.

Tip: Hover your cursor over the tool buttons on the tool bar to see the name of it displayed.

Before you draw the object you are going to have a hole in, create something (rectangle perhaps) of a contrasting color in order to test your object to make sure it worked and then make a new layer for your object with the hole(s).

1. Draw your object with Auto Fill turned off using either the Add Point or the Draw Shape tool (in Draw tools). Use the Paint Bucket tool (in Fill tools) to fill it with the color you desire.

2. Draw an additional object or objects within the borders of your first object. These will become your holes.

3. Using the Transform Points tool (in Draw tools) along with the shift key select your main object and the objects that you wish to be holes. All of the points on the objects should be lit up.

4. Select the Create Shape tool )in Fill tools). In the tool strip along the top click on the Create Shape button.

5. Select the Delete Shape tool (in Fill tools) and click on one of the objects intended to become a hole. It should clear. If you have more than one of these, the others may clear too. If not, click on them too.

6: Use the Transform Points tool again to select your perforated object so you can move it over the object on the lower layer. If it worked you should be able to see it through the holes as you move your object over it.
synthsin75

Re: "Fixing a Hole" - Tutorial 2.2 fix

Post by synthsin75 »

You only need to do your steps 3 & 4. The only problem with tutorial 2.2 is that it says to press the spacebar to finalize the shape instead of enter. If you use "Classic point editing keyboard shortcuts" in the preference tool tab, it will behave as the tutorial says.

I think this option is off by default, so the tutorial is out of date.