How to make a portal or hole in anime studio.

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

How to make a portal or hole in anime studio.

Post by Poptoogi »

I've made masking to tutorials before but quite a few people asked me how to do portal or a hole that their character could pass through that their character could pass through so I thought I'd make a new one!

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
ThatsNotAllFolks

Re: How to make a portal or hole in anime studio.

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

More good stuff...your tutorials are fun and much appreciated! :D
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

I feel like I was just sucked into a portal that lead to an alternate universe where masking somehow became much more clear to me
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Another good one...
2 tiny tips:
If you DO make changes off frame 0, just copy and delete the frames instead of resetting and starting again...

secondly, the idea of the 'portal' is that as you pass through you're already coming out of the other end - this could be easily achieved with reference layers! If you reference the dude, and have his position line up so the portals are effectively in the same place in relation to the character (whether the portal is vertical or horizontal or anything) and as you animate the character through portal 1 he will in sync come through portal 2... (i think you did this in the demo at the start, but not in the explanation)

Keep em coming, you're doing good work here!