2.5D Walk Cycle Tutorial

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lychee

2.5D Walk Cycle Tutorial

Post by Lychee »

Hello everybody.

With bones, i find a way to manipulate 2D shapes in a 3D way to simulate a 360° walk cycle.
Here is a video tutorial to show you how to do, but sorry if there is no sound and no (or rare) comments, i know it will be soporific.
It is because i dont speak good English (i'm French) and it will be too much work for me to describe step by step in Shakespeare language all my work.
Sorry again.

Here is the part 1 of my tutorial:

The final file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9fdvkk10g854 ... D.zip?dl=0

Best regards.
Bossco

Re: 2.5D Walk Cycle Tutorial

Post by Bossco »

Thanks. This is fantastic. :D

I'll spend some time later on with the video to decipher the process.

If you would like an English audio narration over the top of it, then I'm sure that somebody who understands the process could help you out.
But anyway, no audio is better than nothing at all. As long as the information can be taken from the video then that's the main thing.

Have you got an example with a full character, for example one with facial details and hair, or is it only really practical with simple shapes?
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Very Clever.

Watched it all the way through and was really inspired to try some of this.

My only question is why divide the leg into 3 separate layers? Couldn't you simply keep everything in one layer and divide the leg into 3 separate shapes instead all on the same layer. I do this all the time when doing hands, fingers and arms. I do exactly like you do to segment the shape with lines, and then hide the line, without adding additional points, but keep it all on the same layer.

Thanks for the effort to make this

LY
anthillmob007

Post by anthillmob007 »

that's really fab...the legs look a bit chubby but obviously that's just the style...if I can work it out i'll give it a go. :D