How to animate handwriting in Anime Studio

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

How to animate handwriting in Anime Studio

Post by Poptoogi »

I'm having trouble sleeping so I thought I'd make another tutorial. Hooray!!! Don't worry, it's not as long as a full length feature film..... *cough, cough* It's just a fun quick way of how to create an animation of how to simulating handwriting. You can use this to animate a character drawing a picture, writing a letter or use it as an effect to show something getting scrubbed of. It requires a little bit of masking, tracing,the stroke exposure tool and the follow path tool. Hope you guys find it useful!

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Little Yamori

Re: How to animate handwriting in Anime Studio

Post by Little Yamori »

Really cool

Thx
Ahroo

Post by Ahroo »

Excellent!! Thank you!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you, nice tutorial.

Just one little note: The interpolation you chose works only to the right of the timeline (to the future, I mean). If you have two keyframes and want a linear interpolation between them, you must select the first one and set it as Linear.
If you set linear the second one, that won't affect your previous animation.

In your tutorial, you set as linear the last keyframe instead of the first one, so that actually didn't affect your animation.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

Víctor Paredes wrote:Thank you, nice tutorial.

Just one little note: The interpolation you chose works only to the right of the timeline (to the future, I mean). If you have two keyframes and want a linear interpolation between them, you must select the first one and set it as Linear.
If you set linear the second one, that won't affect your previous animation.

In your tutorial, you set as linear the last keyframe instead of the first one, so that actually didn't affect your animation.
Thanks Victor! I just figured out how to do this before making the video and I couldn't figure out why the pencil animated differently than the stroke exposure so I figured it had to do with the interpolation somehow. I ended up just changing the beginning keyframe and the end keyframe just to make sure but I didn't know that I only needed to do the beginning one! This is really good to know as I don't know what I'm doing a lot of the time. I just experiment until I get something to work! Thank you for letting me know this kind of stuff so I don't misinform people in the future and thank you for even taking the time to watch my videos! Having a professional animator watch my stuff out makes my day! :) Awesome!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
cynthia

Post by cynthia »

Genius!
jamesjohnson5551

Post by jamesjohnson5551 »

Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing.