frame by frame animation problem

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

monalotfy13

frame by frame animation problem

Post by monalotfy13 »

i'm trying to draw a water effect with frame by frame drawing on anime studio 11.. it always causes the program to hang for about 10-20 seconds whenever i try to connect any 2 points.. i use the pencil tool.. could this be because of having too mauch points on every single layer of the frame by frame sequence? and how to solve this?

another question.. if i ended up to drawing my effect on another software (as layers).. what is the best way to import a png sequence to anime studio to create the frame by frame effect in the end?
Greenlaw

Re: frame by frame animation problem

Post by Greenlaw »

Try enabling Merge Strokes. This treats the paths to a single 'shape' and can improve performance. In some cases, it can make editing a little more difficult though so work with a copy of your scene before committing to it.

You might also try applying Simplify after drawing a complex shape. This button can be found is under the Select tool. (It really needs to be listed under the Freehand and Blob Brush tools too.)

For image sequence import, use the Import Image Sequence script from under Scripts > Image. This tool is very fussy about naming conventions though, so be sure to read the notes within the script. In a nutshell, no numbers are allowed in the file name apart from the frame numbers because the script assumes any number is a frame number. Except for that quirk, the script works really well.

G.