How to animate a door swinging open and closing

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

How to animate a door swinging open and closing

Post by Poptoogi »

Yeah so, my last tutorial might have been a little too complex but this one is easy breezy! It takes a couple of minutes to set up and is really easy to animate! Although it's simple I think it will be pretty helpful to new users on Anime Studio as opening and closing doors is probably something everyone will come across when getting into animation and this is one solution for AS users. It was a request by one of my youtube subscribers so if anyone has any other ideas for simple tutorials let me know! If even one person finds this helpful, then that's good enough for me!

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
DK

Re: How to animate a door swinging open and closing

Post by DK »

Hi guyver93.
I am enjoying your tutorials from the AS "Shortcuts" perspective. Just found an extra shortcut regarding the
"Y" axis while playing with your tutorial. If you hold down the "Shift" key while the "Rotate Layer XY" tool is
selected you can drag your mouse and the layer will only move in the "Y" plane.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers
D.K
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Thank you. That was helpful; I'll be animating doors later.
Could you explain how to make the door look 3D as it swings open?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

That should be quite simple. Just add a small rectangle to the open side of the door. It's visible when the door points to you, and gets narrower (via point animation) when the door closes.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

slowtiger wrote:That should be quite simple. Just add a small rectangle to the open side of the door. It's visible when the door points to you, and gets narrower (via point animation) when the door closes.
I can do that. Thanks, slowtiger.