Video in Linux

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dssw

Video in Linux

Post by dssw »

It is pretty trivial to render an animation with Moho in linux and then make it into a video, though without sound of course (I do hope Moho ties in with mencoder for the next release). Anyway, what I was getting to was:

1) In Moho File > Export Animation...
2) Export to .png (mencoder will also render jpeg and tga) and save it all in its own directory for neatness' sake.
3) Run: mencoder mf://*.png -o file_name.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vbitrate=200:vhq.
4) Change file_name to what you want and .png if you need to, change the 200 to a lower/higher variable bitrate if you need to.
5) Run: mplayer file_name.avi to preview the file.

If you need sound support look through the mencoder man page (man mencoder) and you will be able to encode a sound file with the video. Anyway I really don't think it would be hard for Moho to use mencoder, it is GPL and Moho would probably be able to just use mencoder binaries (I believe mencoder can encode from stdout) already on a user's system so no need to even bother writing new code.