Static TV effect on 11.2

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Static TV effect on 11.2

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi everyone, someone asked in one of the 11.2 tutorials on Youtube how to create a static TV noise using the new 11.2 options.
Well, here is it :)

You can download the file here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/544 ... c_TV.anime
The idea is simple. There is a vector layer inside a group. The vector layer has noise applied and the group has pixelation.
To get make the noise animated, I created a simple cycle on the noise effect (checking the Allow animated effect option on its proprieties first), so the noise goes from 250 to 230 and then cycles.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
negroclarito

Re: Static TV effect on 11.2

Post by negroclarito »

so those are new features in 11.2 version.
Good way to use that features :)
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Amazing useful trick, thanks victor.
By the way, how did you know applying the pixelation effect to the group layer instead to the vector layer itself woud look different?
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

Hi All!!

I was asked about making static too but I didn't see Victor's post until now when I was about to post mine! Ah well, it's always good to have different techniques to share! Mine isn't as good as Victors of course but it's super quick and simple to do so some of you guys might find it useful....or not! Still I'd like to share because it might spark an idea from someone else to create a different technique! :)

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

PARKER wrote:Amazing useful trick, thanks victor.
By the way, how did you know applying the pixelation effect to the group layer instead to the vector layer itself woud look different?
Thanks, Parker!
It's nice to see you back! I hope everything is going well there.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

@Guyver93, that's a very cool use for particles, I really like the result. Thanks for sharing.

@Parker, first I tried to make everything in the vector layer, but the pixelation effect is applied before the noise, so I wasn't obtaining the result I wanted. That's why I decided to put a group, because that way I could control the order of the effects. The noise is applied to the vector layer and then that noise is pixelated by the group layer.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com