Copy a body turn as a default position of another file

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lorentzyeung

Copy a body turn as a default position of another file

Post by Lorentzyeung »

Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is anyway to copy a transformed position ( which is a move finished by smart dial of a file) to new file?
Say, i have a front view of a character in file A, now i made a smart dial, and gave him left turn view as a finish of this file.
Can I copy this "left turn view" as a default view or position of a new file B? if yes, how to do that?
hayasidist

Re: Copy a body turn as a default position of another file

Post by hayasidist »

I have a "bake" script that is "nearly" finished: http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... hichpage=2

It comes with no warranties at this stage.
Lorentzyeung

Post by Lorentzyeung »

hayasidist wrote:I have a "bake" script that is "nearly" finished: http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... hichpage=2

It comes with no warranties at this stage.
it's certainly a great stuff! i think it does more than i need ! LoL
thank you Hayasidist! i will try it later.

So AS 10 pro or 11pro doesn't have any built in function to do that right?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Lorentzyeung wrote:So AS 10 pro or 11pro doesn't have any built in function to do that right?
nope -- but there have been a few discussions around the subject that fizzled out ... and what you're planning to do is exactly what I am doing - which is why the script! If there's enough interest I'll raise a formal enhancement request.
Lorentzyeung

Post by Lorentzyeung »

hayasidist wrote:
Lorentzyeung wrote:So AS 10 pro or 11pro doesn't have any built in function to do that right?
nope -- but there have been a few discussions around the subject that fizzled out ... and what you're planning to do is exactly what I am doing - which is why the script! If there's enough interest I'll raise a formal enhancement request.
oops.... no luck for me...
my AS Pro10 10.0 seems doesn't work with your script... :roll:
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

nope -- won't work with 10 or earlier - it's 11 onwards only --- I wanted it as the "bridge" into and out of FBF (an AS11 feature), plus so much changed in 11, that making it backward compatible never really crossed my mind.

what you might try is:

SAVE YOUR FILE
SAVE A COPY with a new name
with the timeline where you want to take the snapshot - in the Animation Menu - Copy Current Frame - and then select whole document and copy to frame 0
then delete all the keys after frame 0

That may give you a workable version for what you want (the issue for me was that I wanted all the layer transforms etc wiped out and converted to point motion -- the copy frame approach won't do that)
Lorentzyeung

Post by Lorentzyeung »

hayasidist wrote:nope -- won't work with 10 or earlier - it's 11 onwards only --- I wanted it as the "bridge" into and out of FBF (an AS11 feature), plus so much changed in 11, that making it backward compatible never really crossed my mind.

what you might try is:

SAVE YOUR FILE
with the timeline where you want to take the snapshot - in the Animation Menu - Copy Current Frame - and then select whole document and copy to frame 0

That may give you a workable version for what you want (the issue for me was that I wanted all the layer transforms etc wiped out and converted to point motion -- the copy frame approach won't do that)
My head off to you! thank you, i will try tomorrow, i was just about to give up and start everything from scratch . :D
Lorentzyeung

Post by Lorentzyeung »

hayasidist wrote:nope -- won't work with 10 or earlier - it's 11 onwards only --- I wanted it as the "bridge" into and out of FBF (an AS11 feature), plus so much changed in 11, that making it backward compatible never really crossed my mind.

what you might try is:

SAVE YOUR FILE

i guess i am stuck where you were now. I want the layer transforms and set the transformed layers as the default shape in the new file.
Lorentzyeung

Post by Lorentzyeung »

so AS 10 won't do that , and i can only do that in AS11 with your script, right?
how stupid the app is...
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Super cool! :D This is a great script. I had a video that I wanted to use as a reference for mouth and hand positions in switch layers. This made it very easy to scrub through the video, find the references I'm interested in, draw my version of them while look at the video frame and then bake them to frame 0 for creating switch layers.

Fantastic and elegant script hayasidist!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Thanks Strider!