Layers following the camera

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tallstar27

Layers following the camera

Post by tallstar27 »

I've got a problem and I have no idea how to fix it: I've made a bunch of character models and seemingly random layers in some of the bone layers float around and follow the camera whenever I move it. How can I get these layers to stay where they should when the camera moves away from the position those layers were created in? Thanks!
Greenlaw

Re: Layers following the camera

Post by Greenlaw »

Check that Immune to Camera Movements is disabled. This option is found under the Properties for a given layer.

I sometimes like to enable it for reference images (like panels from my storyboard,) but most of the the time you want this disabled.

G.
tallstar27

Post by tallstar27 »

I tried toggling Immune to Camera Movements, but that didn't fix it. What happens is when the camera moves, the layers are pulled just a little bit; they don't move the same distance the camera moves like when Immune to Camera Movements is checked. Do you have any idea what's causing that?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like they are pushed back on the z-axis with the transform layer tool. That effect is called parallax.
tallstar27

Post by tallstar27 »

Ohhhh hang on I bet that's it. I did tinker with the x, y, and z values with transform layer. Let me see if that fixes it.
That did the trick! Thank you very much synth!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That's why we're here. :wink: