Can't seem to figure this one out..

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

LorneMills

Can't seem to figure this one out..

Post by LorneMills »

Hey guys! Brand new to the forum, and fairly new to Anime Studio itself. I'm having an issue that I hope someone can help me out with. I have included a video link showing what the issue is. The character on the right seems to still have his mouth and eyebrows being influenced by something else when I drag his layer around. You will see them slowly being offset as he moves. As far as I know, he is rigged up properly and the points are bound to the correct bones. I would really appreciate it if someone could take a quick look at the video, and offer any help as to why this is happening.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwYHtWwaHgk

Thanks!
funksmaname

Re: Can't seem to figure this one out..

Post by funksmaname »

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Firstly, a little wrist-slap. There's no need to duplicate your post in different forums, and this should probably be in the 'How do I' section anyway! Duplication doesn't really increase your chances of someone helpful seeing it - it just increases your risk of a wrist-slap :D

Now, it's quite hard to tell from your video, if you can share your file we can take a look at your rigging, it's almost certainly human error :) either bone influence, parenting or unwanted binding.
LorneMills

Post by LorneMills »

Thanks.

I understand. I did initially have this one under "how do I" for about a week, and deleted it after posting these earlier today, I just took it down from general discussion as well. I think i'm just going to try recreating the character from scratch, as I didn't have this issue with the first character I created. Thanks for the feedback, and I'll be back on the forum :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

starting again might be the least frustrating way, but it will teach you nothing :)
You should investigate it further when you have the time to learn how to not do it in future.
willf

Post by willf »

Check and see if the layer origins all match up. The origins for those layers (mouth and eyebrows) may be different from the rest.