FBF layer for more easily managed Follow Path

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

braj

FBF layer for more easily managed Follow Path

Post by braj »

Cool FBF follow path behavior: Get your Follow Paths to be more easily managed by using a FBF layer for the path. You can then edit the path at any point in the timeline without actually animating the line, with all changes done on Frame Zero.
synthsin75

Re: FBF layer for more easily managed Follow Path

Post by synthsin75 »

I don't understand. If you have a FBF path, the following layer still only follows the first one you clicked on. How do you change which frame in the FBF it follows?
braj

Post by braj »

synthsin75 wrote:I don't understand. If you have a FBF path, the following layer still only follows the first one you clicked on. How do you change which frame in the FBF it follows?
Oh sorry, it isn't supposed to. This is not for doing FBF, just for keeping the line static as drawn on frame zero, so you can adjust it in the timeline without it being animated. You only use one frame in the FBF layer.
braj

Post by braj »

FBF is also great for simply drawing something on frame zero from anywhere in the timeline without going into preferences and enabling the whole app for that behavior. When you are done, you can drag the vector out of the FBF folder and delete the FBF layer.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh, I see. I always enable drawing on all frames.
braj

Post by braj »

synthsin75 wrote:Oh, I see. I always enable drawing on all frames.
Yeah, I don't, so this is helpful. Best of both worlds really. Even enabling drawing on all frames still animates those drawings over time, so the follow path thing still would help.
braj

Post by braj »

Enabling drawing tools on all layers would also be a helpful key command :)