I need help about problem smart bone ? AS10

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

patoanimation

I need help about problem smart bone ? AS10

Post by patoanimation »

problem with the "smart bone" in the bone out a red circles on the ends that do not allow me to do the movements with the "smart bone", the whole figure moves ... I hope I understand, I do the second video, blond Man, thanks

https://youtu.be/8zl3WIoE23c
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: I need help about problem smart bone ? AS10

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Set the bone strength to zero. That way the smart bone won't be able to move any point.

There are two tools which rotate bones: Transform Bones and Manipulate Bones
Transform Bones can rotate, scale and translate a single bone (or several selected bones). The circle on the top is for scaling. The one at the bottom is for translation. If you drag directly over the bone, you rotate it.
Manipulate Bones can rotate an entire chain of bones with Inverse Kinematics, creating keyframes for all of them.
This tool can also translate a normal bone, if it has no parents.

When you are creating a Smart bone action, the software hides the Manipulate bone tool and only allows you to use the Transform bone tool.
This is because the Manipulate bones tool -as it creates keyframes for entire chains of bones at once- could create unwanted keyframes inside your Smart bone action. And that unwanted keys are dangerous for your rig.

Once you finished creating your Smart bone, the Manipulate bone tool is back and you can use with no problems.
In your video, you were creating the Smart bone, so there was no Manipulate bone tool.
In the tutorial, they were already animating in the mainline, so they were allowed to use the Manipulate bone tool.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel