Layer Visability

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

humanistheart

Layer Visability

Post by humanistheart »

So, I've only been animating for about 6 months, really like 2 since I only have time on holiday breaks. Anyway, I use 'anime studio pro', I think #9, can't remember off the top of my head, and I tried the 'simple titles' template, and I think it's cool how the words fade in and out. In the channels section I see it pre-set with layer visibility, layer opacity, and layer blur. I know how to adjust these on a permanent basis in the layer options, but not how to make this adjustable in a fade in and fade out way on the channels. I see no buttons readily apparent for this. I'd love to use these techniques in other animations, particularly on one I'm doing with a genie character. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you describe how to do this fade-in fade-out thing?

Thanks a bunch!

UPDATE:

Never mind, I think this tutorial covered it more or less.

jessica951

Re: Layer Visability

Post by jessica951 »

It's very simple, all you have to do is check allow animated layer effects in the layer settings. After that, when you change the compositing effects, shadows, etc, it will be animated. You can do fades with this enabled.