Command-line export/rendering with ASPro10 ?

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kaspar128

Command-line export/rendering with ASPro10 ?

Post by Kaspar128 »

Hello Everyone,

for our production I want to automate the animation-export. Our framework consists mainly of python so I want to write a pythonscript that calls the "Anime Studio Exporter". (We use southpaw's TACTIC btw.)
I want to be able to export different layer-comps as separate Quicktime-movies, using shell-commands( that I can execute inside a pythonscript)
I read that CLI-export/rendering was possible with older versions of Anime Studio-Pro.
But now the rendering is done by the separate exporter, I wonder what Command-line arguments I should use.. I've tried some, but no succes yet...
I searched the manual and couldn't find anything about command-line options..

So if anyone knows, thanks in advance! :-)
(Using OSX btw)
amanandink

Re: Command-line export/rendering with ASPro10 ?

Post by amanandink »

Hi Kaspar

we started looking into using command line rendering at the beginning of our current production, but then quickly gave up on it to use a render farm, http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/deadline/
We had them build in a layer comp selection menu into their ASP plugin.

I know it's not exactly what your looking for but it might help as an alternative approach. It really helped us automate the rendering process.