Layer Order Trick + Photoshop Tricks

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dkwroot

Layer Order Trick + Photoshop Tricks

Post by dkwroot »

I demonstrate a neat trick I discovered for handling layer ordering. I really like this because it doesn't reset the layer order when you add or remove layers, it doesn't distort the image AND you can keep using the camera. You can easily combine this technique with smart bone actions for amazing results. :wink:

This one is for all you Photoshop Users out there!
You can download my script here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwzk-f ... sp=sharing

Here is one more video showing how to use the actions in the previous video to make some cool patterns. This is how I make my patterns for Anime Studio.

TheMinahBird

Re: Layer Order Trick + Photoshop Tricks

Post by TheMinahBird »

Haha the character looks adorable,

Now depth ordering is traditionally (or I guess commonly) used for what exactly? Backgrounds? I see you say the face isn't moving up, so I assume deph makes the layers be placed on a 3D map?
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
dkwroot

Re: Layer Order Trick + Photoshop Tricks

Post by dkwroot »

TheMinahBird wrote:Haha the character looks adorable,

Now depth ordering is traditionally (or I guess commonly) used for what exactly? Backgrounds? I see you say the face isn't moving up, so I assume deph makes the layers be placed on a 3D map?
Thank you. :D

Depth sorting can be used for characters or backgrounds. It allows you to control layer order for your rig. Using this technique, you can use depth sorting and yet have all of your character vector layers remain at the same Z-Axis position.