Good Fire Tutorials?

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

braj

Re: Good Fire Tutorials?

Post by braj »

Well, it's not great but this is my latest test, I wasn't particularly careful with my drawing and there aren't that many cycles, but I think I have my process down, and can adjust the art to fit whatever style I want, I need to play with particles more and just threw in some ember stuff, but this is FBF using dkwroot's tool with the particle embers for extra effect, I just got and started reading Elemental Magic so hopefully soom my technique will be more informed, but as far as working in ASP I think I have my solution :)

Last edited by braj on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
braj

Re: Good Fire Tutorials?

Post by braj »

One thing that is helping me with FBF is to draw a triangle on a background layer where I want my fire to go and set it to not render, then I don't get lost with the placement, otherwise my fire kept drifting up or to a side. Also putting the last frame of a loop at the end and building towards that frame in the last couple frames , which I didn't do so well on my test here. But next time. There is something really satisfying about drawing fire :) but I definitely need practice.