Mouth Controls. Having troubles (Pics inside)

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daners

Mouth Controls. Having troubles (Pics inside)

Post by Daners »

I created a basic mouth mask group, and a bone group to put it all into so I could create bone dials to open and close the mouth, squish it in to make "O" shapes and what not. But I create the first dial, and I can set it to stretch the mouth out to a smile in one direction, and then squish to an "o" face in the other. But when the bone is created and I go to the mainline, when I go to frame 1, the mouth shrinks down. There is nothing in the timeline for me to delete, but for some reason frame 0 and 1 are different. So when I go to create a bone dial for opening and closing the mouth it messes me up because I can't start the bone dial from the points the way they are on frame 0.
IF you look at the first image, that is how the mouth should look when I advance to Frame 1 on the main time line, because I have not done any animation.Image Image Image
braj

Re: Mouth Controls. Having troubles (Pics inside)

Post by braj »

I think you need to delete the keys @ frame 1 in your actions, otherwise it is going from that, not from frame 0 on the mainline.

I actually had a hard time with this myself because I was trying to get the full movement of the dial I was creating within one action. But then I realized that I needed two actions for each dial, with nothing at frame 0 in any action.