best advice on depth order

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

best advice on depth order

Post by Nicohk92 »

I'm taking 5 mn to post an advice I would have loved to find 3 hours ago. If I can save you hours of going through your set up wondering what's wrong, this wouldn't have been for nothing.

This is about depth sort, depth sorting, focus, depth of field, blur,layers, where you can't, cannot, find impossible to make a layer comply when you sort layers by depth in project settings.

I just couldn't understand why one particular layer stayed blurry when it was at the same distance from camera as other identical layers that were rightly sharp as I intended, well within the focal lengh.

The answer is actually simple. Make sure the origin of your layer is not away from your element. To reposition your origin (as it tends to escape when you click and drag), just get there by gently clicking and clicking again the center of your shape (without dragging).

Most of you will find this post useless or even laughable. But perhaps one newbie next week or next year, will find himself in my situation. So just for that guy, I feel that I'm doing a good deed.

I promise I'll repost here only with a valuable trick that will blow your mind (next week or next year)
Poptoogi

Re: best advice on depth order

Post by Poptoogi »

Absolutely NOT useless!

I've been having this issue with one of my characters for weeks now and I wanted to shoot myself in the face! I could not, for the life of me figure out why one of my switch layers looked blurry when I was working on a project. It rendered o.k. but it still drove me mad! You don't know how much better it makes me feel now that I've fixed it. Thank you for the post!!!!! Yeah, I"m that guy!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Nicohk92

Re: best advice on depth order

Post by Nicohk92 »

That s so cool it helped. That was sooner than expected. Thank you for proving my intuition right and all the best on your project