Easy Mouse Motion Capture

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drawboy

Easy Mouse Motion Capture

Post by drawboy »

I always thought it would be neat if AS had some kind of motion capture. I even considered what it would take to write such a script. Then I realized the capability is already in place. It is embarrassingly simple. Just have your object or character ready to go at frame 0, select the part you want to animate, it could be vector points, a shape, a bone, a layer, anything; then press the mouse button like you are beginning to move, at the same time with your other hand press and hold the frame advance hot key ( right arrow ), then start moving the selected object. AS is capturing the mouse movements. It's that easy.

http://www.corbenstudios.com/movies.html

drawboy
jezjones29

Re: Easy Mouse Motion Capture

Post by jezjones29 »

Good tip.
I don't know if it'll work on all setups, or even if your pc will effect things, but I've found moving to frame one, playing the animation (spacebar) and moving the item with the mouse in real-time also effective (mainly in motion capture). You just need to be careful when the movie loops so make it a little longer than needed.