Looking for a motion blur-tutorial

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kristian

Looking for a motion blur-tutorial

Post by Kristian »

I just wanted to know if there is a tutorial describing howto use the motion blur-thingy. Somehow I just can't make it work as I want it to... :?
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Well, how is it that you want it to work?

One thing that I've played with. To smooth out the motion blur, since it doesn't do sub-frame blurring-

***Okay, there's a feature request -- Sub Frame Motion Blur***

- you can crank up the project frame rate. Do the animation, and just before rendering scale the animation to be say 8 times the desired frame rate. Set the frame count to 6, giving you a 270 degree shutter or thereabouts, and render. Slap it into your video editing application of choice, and have it drop 7 out of 8 frames. Back to the speed it should be, but with some pretty nifty motion blurs.

It's kind of a fun thing to play with. Probably doesn't answer your specific question, but it's what I got at the moment.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

7feet wrote:***Okay, there's a feature request -- Sub Frame Motion Blur***
:?: ...If this would mean get better quality and smooth (or expected results) in Motion Blur Effect, belive me if I say you that... I'LL SUPPORT IT! :D