Leg doesn´t realize the bone

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Transmitter

Leg doesn´t realize the bone

Post by Transmitter »

Hi

I setup a character with arms and legs.
I´ve got 2 layers for feet, 2 for legs, 2 for arms, 1 for torax, 1 for head.
All the layers are placed in a bone layer, all bones are setup correct.
I tried to do everything like it is described in the tutorial or in walk tutor.

The left leg works correct with the bone, the right leg doesn´t: Only the right foot reacts if I move the bone for the leg.
I´ve completly deleted my skeleton and did it again - same problem.
I tried to bind the points of the leg to the bone - now the upper leg works correct, but not the lower leg.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you!
Bye, Transmitter
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Alright...
Did you set up you character with layer binding or point binding (you know what i mean, its not the true expression, but i think you know what i mean :oops: )?

Cause it seems to me, that something went wrong somewhere and reminds me on a time when i had such characters as well.

And the reason was always, that something went wrong, but thats the risk of working at night^^

Spaß beiseite! You can upload the moho source file and i may take a look (at daytime :roll: )
Transmitter

Post by Transmitter »

Spaß beiseite? Auch aus Deutschland? :)

I can´t upload the source file, because it is for a video and top secret at the moment ;) :-/

I first tried to setup with layer binding, but the leg is on one layer and got two bones, so layer binding didn´t work.
Then I tried point binding, but that didn´t work correctly, too.

Maybe you´ve got a tip for me, how to avoid problems like that?

What part of character should have it´s own layer?

Or could this problem result from copying "front" layer to "links" (left) layer?

Is this way of setting up a character ok?
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Well, okay. A top-secret-project. Alright.
I am just a bit confused by the way you setted up the bones:
E.g. why are the feet ABOVE the head and why is the hals above the kopf??

I just dont get it...

Actually, is this sceleton set up through ALL the layers?
Because i realized there may appear some trouble if you make one bone setup (not split), maybe that caused the error?

---
BTW: Ja, ich spreche deutsch! :wink:
Transmitter

Post by Transmitter »

The order of the layer got disordered, while I was trying to get it work, don´t care about that, usually the head is above the rest and so on.

I fear, I don´t understand with "set up through all the layers".
At the beginning, i drew my character on different layers, moved them a bit away from the thorax.
Then I created a bone layer, moved all other layers inside it and "drew" the bones.
I didn´t put the leg bone directly to the thorax bone, there were about 50 pixel space between them, if you mean that?

--
Oha .. darf ich fragen wo du her kommst? Oder bist du gar nicht in Deutschland? (Wegen den unmenschlichen Uhrzeiten ;))
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Alright, well... is the relationship between the bones set up correct? (u know, that parent-thingy)
Transmitter wrote:I fear, I don´t understand with "set up through all the layers".
I meant, you just use ONE bone layer, so you made a sceleton and put all other stuff in it, like vector layers, switch layers etc.

If so, this could cause the problem.

Me myself is working with multiple bone layers, e.g. one bone layer each for every part of the body. And i didn't have any problems.

Maybe you give it a try, it seems a bit harder to animate but at least it is very "übersichtlich" and excludes several problems that may occur.

---
Oha! Bin zur Zeit in Berlin, arbeite immer bis ca. 22 Uhr, deswegen die "unmenschlichen Uhrzeiten" :wink: Und du?
Transmitter

Post by Transmitter »

The parent relationship is setup correctly, perhaps one bone layer caused the problems.

Do you put your bone layers into a group or into another, empty bone layer?

I´ll give it a try, it just can get better :)

--
Ich bin in der Nähe von Frankfurt und gewöhne mich immer viel zu schnell an Nachtschichten ;)
Ich studiere Informatik / Fachrichtung Multimedia, und selbst?
Hast du ein Animations-Studio oder sowas?
Berlin ist hier ja das Mekka der Designer usw.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Try this:

1. Select the layer containing the problem leg.
2. Select the Bone->Release Layer menu command, just to make sure that the entire layer is not bound to a bone.
3. Select all the points in the layer (Edit->Select All).
4. Use the Bone->Flexi-Bind Points menu command to set all the points back to the default flexi-binding mode, so that none of them are bound to any specific bone. (It sounds like they may have all been bound to just one bone in the leg.)
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Lost Marble wrote:Try this:

1. Select the layer containing the problem leg.
2. Select the Bone->Release Layer menu command, just to make sure that the entire layer is not bound to a bone.
3. Select all the points in the layer (Edit->Select All).
4. Use the Bone->Flexi-Bind Points menu command to set all the points back to the default flexi-binding mode, so that none of them are bound to any specific bone. (It sounds like they may have all been bound to just one bone in the leg.)
Does it work now Transmitter?
---
Untergrund :wink:
Transmitter

Post by Transmitter »

Great, thank you Lost Marble, it works now :)

---
Untergrund?
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

---
genau