If you have missed out this Tutorial

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bhargavmedhi

If you have missed out this Tutorial

Post by bhargavmedhi »

Hello everyone, here is another tutorial on some fun facts about animation from Guru Gyan Tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpwbH1fYljc

In this tutorial---

Creating a ball and build the rig.

Animating the ball keeping in mind about some animation principles like---

Anticipation
Stretch and squash
Ease in and ease out
Weight
Timing and spacing
Software--Anime Studio Pro 9.5

Subscribe the channel for future updates

Thanks
Bhargav Medhi (Guru Gyan Tutorials)
heyvern

Re: If you have missed out this Tutorial

Post by heyvern »

I was curious why the squash and stretch was assigned to two different smart bones?
It seems that it would make more sense to have them both in one bone. It avoids extra key frames and the "squaring" effect of the points if both bones are rotated or the keys overlap. Would you really want squash and stretch to overlap?

I was replicating this and found it tricky to switch between squash/stretch with two bones because of the key frame interpolation and overlapping causing those "squared" points.

Other than that, excellent tutorial and example. Look forward to more.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ha ha ha!

Never mind! I understand now. :oops:

So with the squetch in ONE smart bone, you have to cycle through the the sequence to get to squash or stretch. It is easier to control with two separate smart bones. Makes sense now. You can key a "reset" of one bone and key the next one. The overlap isn't as bad as I thought since it all happens so quickly.
bhargavmedhi

Post by bhargavmedhi »

heyvern wrote:I was curious why the squash and stretch was assigned to two different smart bones?
It seems that it would make more sense to have them both in one bone. It avoids extra key frames and the "squaring" effect of the points if both bones are rotated or the keys overlap. Would you really want squash and stretch to overlap?

I was replicating this and found it tricky to switch between squash/stretch with two bones because of the key frame interpolation and overlapping causing those "squared" points.

Other than that, excellent tutorial and example. Look forward to more.
heyvern wrote:Ha ha ha!

Never mind! I understand now. :oops:

So with the squetch in ONE smart bone, you have to cycle through the the sequence to get to squash or stretch. It is easier to control with two separate smart bones. Makes sense now. You can key a "reset" of one bone and key the next one. The overlap isn't as bad as I thought since it all happens so quickly.
Yes, creating smart bones for each actions helps in detailed and ease of control. Anyways you have already found the answer yourself.

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you liked. And yes some more tuts are on the way.
Subscribe the channel to stay updated.