Best Compressing and Exporting Codecs?

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hopper200456

Best Compressing and Exporting Codecs?

Post by Hopper200456 »

Hey guys. So I recently finished my animation so it's time to export. Well, see, I tried using some of the given compressing codecs that come with Anime Studio, but they either make the video look worse (not that bad, but I'm trying to have everything as crisp as possible.) or makes the audio sound terrible.

The big thing is the audio, it keeps crackling whenever there's a loud nose such as an explosion. And it sounds REALLY bad.
I tried downloading the Divx codec, but it just crashes when ever I try to export. (Or, atleast it did. I'm going to try using it again tomorrow, seeing if it was updated.)

Any good compression codecs to suggest? I really really need this so I can get it done by tomorrow (For personal preference)

I need good video and good audio, by the way. Thanks guys.
"Greatness from small beginnings."
djwaterman

Re: Best Compressing and Exporting Codecs?

Post by djwaterman »

Did you get this sorted?
My own advice is that I would probably never export animation out of AS the same as I would never export an animation out of Maya, Blender, Lightwave and so on. It's not really done in production that way. You are better off exporting a PNG sequence or any kind of picture sequence (can't remember what choices there are in AS apart from PNG) and then loading them and your sound track into something like after effects or what ever program you have access to and rendering your movies out of there. This will allow you to have uncompressed images of best quality.
Bossco

Re: Best Compressing and Exporting Codecs?

Post by Bossco »

I agree that for best quality I'd render out an animation as an image sequence.
And then render out in other software which does a better job if you have access to it.
It's good practice anyway as it allows you to do further post-production work on your animation and opens up more possibilities. PNG is a good image format because it saves with an alpha channel which is good for compositing.

If you have to render out animation in Anime Studio because you don't have access to other software, make sure that in your projects setting menu you set it to a higher resolution, 1920x1080 for example, and I've found that rendering out in mp4 using the .H264 codec is perfectly acceptable.