head turn + lip sync

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

grznbch

head turn + lip sync

Post by grznbch »

Hi,
how can I create head turns with automatic lipsync together. I try to do the head turn with a smart bone dial.
The lipsync with switch layers. I don't know how to combine the two. Thank you for help.
Grznbch
neeters_guy

Re: head turn + lip sync

Post by neeters_guy »

You could create different mouth switches for different views (ie., front, 3/4 front, side) and load up the same dat file for each one. When you change the mouth view, the phonemes will match the voice track. There won't be any interpolation between views however.

If you require smooth interpolation between views, you could do all your mouth phonemes as actions, one for each phoneme and view (eg., 10 phonemes x 3 views = 30 actions), but you must hand key (by inserting the action) all your lip sync.
grznbch

Re: head turn + lip sync

Post by grznbch »

Thank you neeters_guy,
you are very kind answering.
I would not like 3/5 angles only. On the other hand I don't need the phonemes.
For now I stick to automatic lipsync with only 3 switch layers.
- - Meanwhile I did a SmartBone head turn.
And I did BlendMorphs for the lower part of the beak of my bird to the left and right for each of the 3 switch layers. (That is, because unfortunately I did not manage to to create a SmartBone turn instead, that would turn and talk. I tried a lot.)
Now the BlendMorphs work.
But in animation I have to manipulate the 3 BlendMorphs either side according to each bit of head turn.
I would really like to find a way to synchonize the movement of the head with the 3 switch layers.
Do you have any idea?
Grznbch