Creating vs. Importing

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jrmastic

Creating vs. Importing

Post by jrmastic »

I am curious to what how people feel about creating your own media as opposed to importing from outside. A combination of both ? Why would you choose one over other. Joel
Imago

Re: Creating vs. Importing

Post by Imago »

I create by myself all the drawing stuff and acquire only few audio effects and musics from Royalty-Free sites.
Also, the dialogues are made thanks to non-professional voice actor forum users. :mrgreen:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
arfa

Post by arfa »

Depending on your style - like if you do cut-out work then using images (scanned, www, etc.) is useful.
Consistency of media - irrespective of source - is important.

I am poor at drawing so use clipart - sometimes in whole, sometimes to trace. Likewise photo art. The new trace image feature is cool, along with point simplification...

No doubt in my mind that original art is better but the final product is what it is all about.
Producing everything can be a lot of work.
jrmastic

Post by jrmastic »

Imago wrote:I create by myself all the drawing stuff and acquire only few audio effects and musics from Royalty-Free sites.
Also, the dialogues are made thanks to non-professional voice actor forum users. :mrgreen:
thank you so much for replying Imago. I appreciate your input but why do you make the choices you make, Joel
Imago

Post by Imago »

jrmastic wrote:
Imago wrote:I create by myself all the drawing stuff and acquire only few audio effects and musics from Royalty-Free sites.
thank you so much for replying Imago. I appreciate your input but why do you make the choices you make, Joel
Oh, my bad! :oops:
I's simple: It's cost less than ask someone else and I have what I need in short time.
I tried many times to "delegate" some artist to make something, but I spend more time selecting what they propose or waiting for "version 151" than making the whole project.
Yes, it requires more time and patience but you get what you need immediately in the 100% of cases.
What if DIY don't work? Try harder asking for advice in forums or "stealing the tecnique" wathing youtube tutorials.
About the costs, I was able to cut about 400$ of expenses in my project just learning how to draw.

I'm not a pro anyway, so my method can be a bit weird. :roll:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
jrmastic

Post by jrmastic »

Imago wrote:
jrmastic wrote:
Oh, my bad! :oops:
I's simple: It's cost less than ask someone else and I have what I need in short time.
I tried many times to "delegate" some artist to make something, but I spend more time selecting what they propose or waiting for "version 151" than making the whole project.
Yes, it requires more time and patience but you get what you need immediately in the 100% of cases.
What if DIY don't work? Try harder asking for advice in forums or "stealing the tecnique" wathing youtube tutorials.
About the costs, I was able to cut about 400$ of expenses in my project just learning how to draw.

I'm not a pro anyway, so my method can be a bit weird. :roll:
Thank you Imago, now that was highly informative !!