FlashMX and Moho5

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Agent

FlashMX and Moho5

Post by Agent »

hi

i just wonder that somebody would write here a tutorial or something similar about how to work in flashmx with moho flash. i see that flash much more popular than any other video format, and i rather watch a flash than downloading a video.

I want audio for my flash, but in moho i can not add more than one file.

thanks!
Last edited by Agent on Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

I hope this helps, this is some tips and stuff that hopefully answer your question.

1) When you FIRST export animation from moho and import it into flash, its probably a good idea to think of it as you would video footage, as in you can't edit the animation.* and see Flash as the post-production, editing -studio app.

2) When animating in moho, import the sound sample into moho, and animate the speech and get phonetics right, take note of what frame that particular sound sample starts.

When you have finished animating all the sounds delete any and every sound in moho. and export them. (Moho will only export mp3, and if you have other formats, flash will deal with this for you).

Now Open Flash, File > New, Find your properties panel (by default it is at the bottom, under the 'stage') Click the Size Button, change your dimensions be sure dimensions have px at the end (for pixels)
adjust background colour and framerate to suit your moho project.

Now do File > Import and select the moho outputted swf. A progress bar should come up. and when it is done you will see your animation on the main stage. Notice in the timeline panel there are many frames that are grey and have a bold black point in it. These are showing that these are all keyframes with some symbol's on the stage.

Go ahead and double Click "Layer 1" and name it something more meaningful to you. Just below your layers (you only have one now). You will see 3 icons, click the Fodler icon with a + symbo next to it.

You have just created a folder layer! (this is great when your organizing and keepibng your project managable) Rename this layer to Sound Folder
Now import your wav/mp3/aiff/etc. by going File > Import to Library.
When the progress bar is done. Press F11 or Window > Library

In here you will see loads of icons. thats from moho. For now, look for file that has a speaker next to it(your sound sample). Now just leave that open for a sec.

Go back to your timeline panel and press the New Layer Icon (the same plce where you created the folder layer). a new layer will appear. Rename the layer like you did before and call it your sound sample name. Then Click once(where you double clicked to change name), hold and drag your new layer onto the folder layer, so it goes inside.

Now on that layers timeline. scrub along to the frame where the sound started click that frame and press F6 (Or right-click , Insert Keyframe). You just created a keyframe!
All the white frames up to there mean nothings on them.
Now select the keyframe you just made and click your sound in the Library and drag it onto the stage.

Now goto the frame where the sound stops. and select that frame, this time press F5(or right click - Insert Frame) Now you should see more white space with a funny blue squiggle on it. (this means your wav is on the stage yay! , if you click the red play-head and drag it back and forth you will hear the sound play)

okay now go back and click the keyframe you made.

Now in the properties panel you should notice some options. Make sure the Sync is set to Stream. and the loop is 0.

Stream means that flash will try and keep the animation intime with the sound.

Thats pretty much it! (for multiple sounds just do the same as above, create new layer in folder, file import to library, create keyframe of where soundstarts, drag sound from library onto stage, create empty frames up to where the sound ends, fiddle with sound options)

3) In the library you wouldve noticed all those symbols. These are all different graphics that make up your moho'd animation. you can double click them and edit them. however its probably not a good ideaunless your feelign adventurous. Click the orange Folder Button in the library will create a similar folder as you saw on the timeline. and makes it easier for you to group things up and find things.

4) I suggest you try and not use Scenes in flash, they add to your filesize for no reason.

Hope that helps!
* 1) statement is not enitrely true, you can edit graphics(symbols) and move them around on the stage, refer to point number 3)
Agent

Post by Agent »

thank you ! im getting started :)
Agent

Post by Agent »

i have some problem with masking when i import the moho output swf.

sample:

video:
http://www.angelfire.com/film/spagent/b/bug.mov

simple coverted to flash with FlashMX:
http://www.angelfire.com/film/spagent/b/bug.swf
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I can't see your movies, but I can tell you this: Moho's layer masking is exportable to Flash. So, any masking you set up will not appear in an SWF movie.
spasmodic_cheese

heheh the swf works well!!

angel fire doesnt allow direct linking =/
Agent

Post by Agent »

lol
but i cant see the hole text just an "A" at the beginning, can u?

yes, i made in moho just a text, imported as swf to mx and i see just the first character

http://dns.4ce.hu/a/bug.mov

http://dns.4ce.hu/a/bug.swf
Last edited by Agent on Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
spasmodic_cheese

yeh i see what you mean, weird 0_o
Barliesque

Post by Barliesque »

The new links don't seem to work. But the angelfire links do work if you copy and paste them into your browser's address bar.

I see the Flash version fine, except the text doesn't appear correctly (all but the first character) and the Loony Tunes thing at the beginning is missing as well.
Agent

Post by Agent »