Camera perspective

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MarkBorok

Camera perspective

Post by MarkBorok »

In case this hasn't been posted already...

For those unfamiliar with 3D camera tools, you can adjust the amount of perspective by fiddling with combinations of the "truck in" and "zoom" camera functions. Trucking in basically means moving the camera physically towards or away from your subject, while zooming enlarges or shrinks your subject.

Moho's default zoom level gives you a distorted perspective (objects further away look really, really far away). Adjusting the distance of the camera and the zoom level (lower) at the same time can give you a more realistic look.

Of course, for those who don't know, you can also get that cheesy effect where you zoom in on a subject while at the same time trucking out, which makes the subject appear to shrink as the background gets bigger (used in most horror films to indicate something nightmarish happening)
Max Power

Post by Max Power »

Of course, for those who don't know, you can also get that cheesy effect where you zoom in on a subject while at the same time trucking out, which makes the subject appear to shrink as the background gets bigger (used in most horror films to indicate something nightmarish happening)
Just like in Lord of the Rings when the Ring Wraith appeared in the forest.

Thanks, I'll have to play with it some but I'm sure that trick will come in handy.

Max Power
VideoDesigner77

Post by VideoDesigner77 »

Thanks for this tip. I had set up a hockey rink in MOHO. The camera was in its default position. The view from centre ice made the blue line appear to fill the complete endzone, instead of looking like a line. I have adjusted the camera and the distortion has disappeared.