Good render quality for Youtube

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mightyrat

Good render quality for Youtube

Post by mightyrat »

Everytime i upload my cartoons to Youtube the quality is poor. The Quicktime render is clean and crisp, but on youtube it looks like hell. What are the methods used to get better render results for Youtube? Thanks.
Always kiss you're toes!
mightyrat

Post by mightyrat »

Did i mention the file was like 14.1 mb. I uploaded it directly to Youtube and it's poor looking. DAMN YOU YOUTUBE!!
Always kiss you're toes!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

In project settings select "youtube hd" for the size and in the export window try with quicktime h264.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
mightyrat

Post by mightyrat »

selgin wrote:In project settings select "youtube hd" for the size and in the export window try with quicktime h264.
Thanks. I'm still getting the same results.
Always kiss you're toes!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

whats your actual canvas size settings? if you start with 720p it should come out alright... also when you first upload your video starts to show but very bad quality while the better quality renders are prepared so maybe you're not being patient enough?
mightyrat

Post by mightyrat »

funksmaname wrote:whats your actual canvas size settings? if you start with 720p it should come out alright... also when you first upload your video starts to show but very bad quality while the better quality renders are prepared so maybe you're not being patient enough?
It's all hd 720p. I sighned up to Vimeo and it works beautifully. Youtube is sometimey like mutherflakker! No matter what settings you use. Thanks guys.
Always kiss you're toes!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

mightyrat wrote:It's all hd 720p. I sighned up to Vimeo and it works beautifully. Youtube is sometimey like mutherflakker! No matter what settings you use. Thanks guys.
That's weird. Youtube works fantasticly to me.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

try rendering in WebM or FLV then upload that to YouTube - that bypasses their renderer.

Look for Miro video converter - its free and really good for Theora and WebM.

Rhoel
Genete

Post by Genete »

I've noticed that poor quality sometimes and the thing I think it is happening is that youtube makes a fast initial version of the movie a 360p and then progressively publish the other resolutions once they are rendered to their internal format.
-G