Morph preview

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wagmun

Morph preview

Post by wagmun »

Hi
I started using AS pro version and tried the morphing feature, which is very cool.
I'm facing some difficulties regarding previewing what I'm doing.
My character is drawn in several layers. One for the mouth, another for hair, etc.
Morphing applies to one sole layer. So when I create an action and start translating points for a new shape morph, I work on the shape layer/action, which means the other shapes remain as per the previous morph/shape.
What happens is that i can't see the new morph shape in relation to the other parts of the character. Say that my character is wide opening the mouth. Because of that mouth shape, the face will need to be morphed accordingly. But since each acrion is isolated from the others when I'm morphing the mouth the face is in default form. When I morph the face, the mouth is in default. And I can't see both in the final position/shape I need.
What I'm doing is, after creating the shape morph, I go to some point in the timeline and do a blend morph for all layers and check.
Of course pieces will not correctly related the first time. I realizem for instance,, that the eye needs to be moved "a little bit" to the right.
I then start it all over again, go to the eye layer, double click its action, move it to the right (blind, because I can't see it in relation to the other parts), go back to the timeline position and do another blend morph to check.
Very time consuming.
Am I missing something?
Is there some way to see the whole picture with all the pieces already morphed?
Thanks in advance
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

What I do, for example, Let say I make an action that moves the eyes to the left. After I make the action I will place it on frame 1 in the mainline.

Next, lets say I want the eye brows (on a different layer than the eyes) to move to the left also. When I make the new action the action will show the eyes to the left.

After you get all the actions made you can just delete them from the mainline. Now the blend morphs should be easier to adjust.

I see your point in having to hit OK on each blend morph before you can open another one to see in real time whats going on. It is time consuming.

Stephen
Last edited by sbtamu on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
wagmun

Morph preview

Post by wagmun »

Cool... I tried with a smal test and it worked.
I'll give it a try with my main animation now, which has a lot of layers and morphs.
And yes. Confirming every morph is very time consuming.
Tks a lot, sbtamu.
wagmun

Post by wagmun »

sbtamu wrote:What I do, for example, Let say I make an action that moves the eyes to the left. After I make the action I will place it on frame 1 in the mainline.

Next, lets say I want the eye brows (on a different layer than the eyes) to move to the left also. When I make the new action the action will show the eyes to the left.

After you get all the actions made you can just delete them from the mainline. Now the blend morphs should be easier to adjust.

I see your point in having to hit OK on each blend morph before you can open another one to see in real time whats going on. It is time consuming.

Stephen
Very clever Stephen
Since everything works on frame one, I can adjust the morph and see the others at the same time.
Tried it with a more complex drawing and it worked beautifuly.
Bur I ahbe to go layer by layer blend morphing and clicking OK, and I have 25 layers to do that. It's quite a lot of work.
Would it be easier having everything in one only layer?
I know everything mixes up, but with one morph blend you change everything at once.
Thanks a lot. You saved my day.
Wagner
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Yes you can use one layer; group or bone. But I think it limits the expressions.

You can continuing posting on this thread. As I just read Selgin posting on another thread about group morphs.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu