Problem with "sliding" patches

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jorgy

Problem with "sliding" patches

Post by jorgy »

I am having a problem where I am using spots. However, they are not moving with the character. I have checked and double-checked the origin for the layer, but I can't seem to figure out what's going on here.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Scene8

moho file is here:

http://65.98.71.13/moho/Scene8.moho

Any help would be appreciated!
Sevenmile

Post by Sevenmile »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but hasn't it always been like that when you use fill effects? Aren't they mostly there because of backwards compability?

Maybe you should use image-textures instead?
/Jacob
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I tried that too. :-(

I created a jpg image and used that, but had the same results. That's why I'm thinking that it's an issue with the origin of the cow layer.
Sevenmile

Post by Sevenmile »

I created a jpg image and used that, but had the same results.
Um.. that's weird... did you select a image texture in the shape effects? If so that's not going to help because they behave in the same way as the rest of the effects... However, if you do as explained in tutorial 4.4 I think it will work...
/Jacob
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Sevenmile is true, you must use image layer with masking... The Shape effects would must be mended some day (I hope), that is a Future Request that I've post in several ocations, but meantime the 4.4 way is the only way for that this kind of things works fine, a pity, but well...
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Render the vector layer with spots as a PNG then attach the PNG to a bone layer. No more sliding spots.
Dave
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Sevenmile wrote:Um.. that's weird... did you select a image texture in the shape effects? If so that's not going to help because they behave in the same way as the rest of the effects...
Actually, that's exactly what I did. :-(

I will try using PNGs attached to the bones as my next step.
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

jorgy wrote:
Sevenmile wrote:Um.. that's weird... did you select a image texture in the shape effects? If so that's not going to help because they behave in the same way as the rest of the effects...
Actually, that's exactly what I did. :-(

I will try using PNGs attached to the bones as my next step.
When doing this I'd recommend rendering the individual body parts separately. In the case of your cow, the body should be a separate element from the legs. To avoid aliasing, I'd recommend rendering the separate elements at a higher resolution, then scaling them to fit.
Dave