AVI Problem

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wena

AVI Problem

Post by wena »

I have developed an AVI problem. Although I can render in other formats AVI is my preferred format.

In AS pro v 6,1. I have been able to render in this format SUDDENLY I CAN'T’t.

AVI format will show when I attempt to export, but then when I pres to get to the choice of AVI format it just fails to do anything.

Is this a problem that others have had?

Has anyone found a way of overcoming this?

I am running on a PC,
1.5 gig Ram.
XP home.
1 Gig CPU.

Any help
wena

Post by wena »

I cant render in avi format.

Am I the only one to have this problem?

Wena
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I assume you rebooted and the problem remains?

Since it worked before, you might try to reconstruct what changed before it stopped working. Did you add or delete any software or codec? Maybe you saved the avi to an forgotten location?

You can do a forum search for, say, "avi export" or "avi render" and see what others experienced.

Sorry for these basic sort of recommendations. Typically if no one answers, it means there's isn't enough information to be able to answer it.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Try and render some AVI from other software on your machine. If it fails as well, you need to repair your Windows install.
DK

Post by DK »

Have you tried to giveyour file a new name in AS before you re-render? Sometimes I cannot re-render a MOVor AVI file becuase it is being used by a player that is keeping the filename busy by trying to provide a preview.

Cheers
D.K
wena

Post by wena »

Thank you three, I will investigate all of your suggestions, I don't want to reinstall AS, but it will be my last option.

I have put my work on a candy as my other computer is quite powerful, it seems to be able to work in AVI.

However, I need to make sure I have all the textures and all other files together.

Thank you again.
wena

Post by wena »

I have taken all your advice and still no solution. I have now set up my other computer and put all the files that I am working on in a caddy and transferring to it. However, the problem I am now facing is the the bitmaps have broken, while the Anime formats work. Is there a way of tracing or the originals bitmaps and making sure they are transferred to the new computer for to the new one.

A repair of the original Anime Studio Pro V6.1 would be the best and render from there. I had thought of just installing on top of the present one but that might get me into greater trouble.

Any ideas?

Wena
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

If you can put those bitmap files in a parallel location to the one specified when you imported them to AS, I think they'll come back. For example, if they were in the "my pictures" folder on your first computer, you should be able to put them in the "my pictures" folder on the second computer and get them to work again.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I may have misunderstood you. Do you mean that you want Anime Studio to automatically locate those files in some way?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Just a thought here, ever considered rendering .mov instead?

The good thing about Quicktime is it's Animation Codec, it is pretty much lossless and you can scrub them and play them back easily, especialy compared to uncompressed avi, which are huge.

Quicktime files are usualy compatible with most pro composition/montage/fx softwares.

That format is really best with the type of animation AS Pro usually renders.

No need to get Quicktime pro to render Quicktime in AS Pro, or any other software for that matter.

Again, just a thought.

G
wena

Post by wena »

Thank you lwaxana and Gcharb, computer one is where I did the work, then found that none of the work would render.

Gcharb then nether will it in "move"

Computer two is an attempt to render. I have copied the "extra files" form computer one and replaced the ones in computer two in the hope of getting the to work.

Thank you again, I hope I am explaining myself better. Any further thoughts please help.

Wena
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello again

Quite frankly I am not sure if I understand

You created an AS file in one computer, things got bad, you could not render avi, so you transfered the whole thing to a second, more powerfull computer, but your images got wacked in the transfer, is that it?

G
wena

Post by wena »

You have it in one.

I am now attempting to create each one on a flashcard and see if that transfers into the computer that can do avi.

Wena