Layered figure and bone problem

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoJo57

Layered figure and bone problem

Post by JoJo57 »

Maybe someone can help me getting started.

I have a layered figure from Photoshop that I need to animate for a project. Exported to Anime with no problem, but can't get the bones right.
She is in profile and has a dress, limbs that are in different layers (foot, lower leg, thigh), waist, body and head.

I just can't get into my head how to link the layers to a body part and get everything to behave.

I bought AS Pro as I thought it would be better for animation like this, rather than using After Effects.

Thanks
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Read up about Bone Layers and Layer Binding in the Manual.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Check out this tutorials
Image Layers and image warping

And you did right, AS is much better than AE to animate characters. Actually, in most projects we use AS to animate and AE to compose. If you have any question, just ask.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
tinnycan

Post by tinnycan »

Here is a common setup I use. I usually make a control bone off screen, then start with the hips up to the head. Then do the limbs upper to lower extremity. Next you have to relink the bones, this might be the step you missed. select the upper arm bones then select the reparent icon (looks like a chain) and link them to the upper torse bones. Legs to hip bone, hip to parent bone. That should give you good results. Make sure you double click on the bones layer and select regional binding in the bones tab. If you still have deformation problems, use the arm rig like in the image.