New improved Head Turn Technique!

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Great Work Great Tutorial. Watched many times.
Can you please upload http://vimeo.com/28938430 tutorial for downloading. Or remove the password.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thanks all, I'm glad you like the video :)
Genete wrote:I think that selgin has a wired mind connection to the AS tools and shorcuts :mrgreen:
Hehe, I really love shortcuts, use them all the time. When I open a new software the first thing I do is touch every key and see what happens.
kkrawal wrote:Great Work Great Tutorial. Watched many times.
Can you please upload http://vimeo.com/28938430 tutorial for downloading. Or remove the password.
Thanks, Kkrawal, I activated the option to download it from vimeo, so now you can do it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
frobro

error on rendering

Post by frobro »

Dear Selgin and the other guys who tought me this technique,

I've got anime studio pro 7 on my mac like a week ago and i must say it rocks. I've been observing this forum as a guest for a while and you people have tought me a LOT. And this head turn technique, what can i say, if you compare it to flash animating (what ive been used to the last years) its AMAZING.

Currently im working on a mascotte character for a company and i'd love to use the head turn technique in it. But now every time i try to render my animation it just crashes to the desktop.

Heres what ive done: ive created a simple head rig with a cool little animation:

I rigged the face, used selgins script for the mouth and the eyes, and it just works and looks amazing INSIDE anime studio pro.

But every time i try to render it (tried almost all render possibilities and codecs and options) it just crashes to the desktop. Sometimes at random it renders a little bit but then crashes after that. When i render it as a PNG sequence i sometimes render like 30 frames and it crashes after that.

Anyone else has experienced this problem or has any advice for me? it would mean a LOT to me. i think its the script that causes it since i dont get render problems without the script.

Oh and selgin and everyone here thanks again for teaching me the techniques, now if i could only render it i would be the happiest person in the world right now.

Look forward to any answers and also to becoming a part of the community. When i know more about anime studio ill try to get some guides up myselve!

Thanks in advance,

Jelle
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Yes, its the script causing your trouble. There is a well known bug in AS7 with embeded scripts and multi-core renders.Some folks have had luck setting their computers to single core. I'm on PC so I don't know how to set it for MAC. Maybe someone else here does. Welcome to the forum by the way,hope you find the help you need. :)
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

jonbo wrote:Yes, its the script causing your trouble. There is a well known bug in AS7 with embeded scripts and multi-core renders.Some folks have had luck setting their computers to single core. I'm on PC so I don't know how to set it for MAC. Maybe someone else here does. Welcome to the forum by the way,hope you find the help you need. :)
I am wondering why Sm does not release a fix for this bug for people still using version 7? Like me.

Lets compare this to a car. lets say I buy a new car and there is a bug that causes something to not work as designed but the manufacture tells me that it is fixed in the next years model. If you want to use that function you need to buy a new car.
Last edited by sbtamu on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Because they fixed it in AS8 to where you can set the renders to single core and how else can they get people like you to pony up for the upgrade? :wink:
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

jonbo wrote:Because they fixed it in AS8 to where you can set the renders to single core and how else can they get people like you to pony up for the upgrade? :wink:
read my edit
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Yeah, I agree its a cheap thing to do to your customers. I bet you won't see any more updates to AS7 now that 8 is out.
frobro

Post by frobro »

Im currently working on a quadcore imac at the company i work at so im sure that causes the problem.

Its really a shame that anime studio is on one side SUCH a great program but on the other side a little bit half-finished. I'll try to find a solution and otherwise i think im gonna have to buy an upgrade to AS8, kinda disapointing hehe.

Hey people, thanks for the fast replies! Looks like a great active community !
superonIII

Re: New improved Head Turn Technique!

Post by superonIII »

selgin wrote:Hi, I have a new head turn technique and I think it will be big.
:(
knife.nick.25

Post by knife.nick.25 »

Hello!
How was created eyes (animation) in this picture?
Could you show me the .anme file?
Sorry for bad english.
xothermik

Post by xothermik »

Any solution for an automated lip sync using this technique? Besides using the actions to lipsync script that is.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

This may be totally off the mark, but instead of downloading the script for the .dup layer function(and since I'm still working on experimenting with all this and haven't concluded, so I can't answer this myself yet) if you "completely animated first" the layer that you want to duplicate and then hit copy layer, and then adjust the mask properties on the appropriate layer, wouldn't that function the same way, this way you wouldn't have to animate 2 layers or download the script. Wouldn't this avoid any script bug and possible render crash issues?
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

That would work. You never have to animate two layers - the script locks all point motion from layer 1 to layer 2 - but if you could animate the whole thing and then duplicate the layer the end result would be the same (you just don't get real time feedback and any future changes would require you to delete/re-duplicate and adjust layer settings every time)