New improved Head Turn Technique!

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

nice one neeters - beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

newbie notes: this is a pretty complex setup! If you really want to make sense of it more easily, use ramon's 'Lost Layer Tool' to quickly discover every layers masking setting (click a layer and see the top bar for changes)
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Thanks for your tricks. Selgin and Neeters Gui.
Now ASP is no more 2D, its 3D.

I had a small problem.

Opened your file
Goto Frame 72
Select head Bone, Open Action Window
Action:AngleRight:Insert Copy
Goto Frame 78
Action:SideRight:Insert Copy

Now Just playback animation and goto Frame 67 to 78, you will see some overlaping problem. Please guide howto sattle it and Please guide howto create an action for AngleLeft and SideLeft. It will be so great.

I know I can change the layer order to hide Right Ear behind the head, but which one to put ( Original or Dup) in the Actions?

As you have suggested for tweeking the points in your PDF manual, which layer to use Orignal, or DUP?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

kkrawal wrote:Now Just playback animation and goto Frame 67 to 78, you will see some overlaping problem. Please guide howto sattle it and
That is fixed by moving the "ear_R" layer under the "face" layer in frame 67.
Please guide howto create an action for AngleLeft and SideLeft. It will be so great.
Heh, well I was going to leave that up to you :). Actually, you can render out the other views, flop them, and trace them for the other actions. I might add them myself if I have the time...
I know I can change the layer order to hide Right Ear behind the head, but which one to put ( Original or Dup) in the Actions?
The original because...
As you have suggested for tweeking the points in your PDF manual, which layer to use Orignal, or DUP?
...The dup layer, as I understand it, is the mask for the original layer, so I typically never touch the dup layer.

I found a mistake in the notes, the part about which frames to fix: Not frame 112 to 118, but frames 106 to 112.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

funksmaname wrote:nice one neeters - beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

newbie notes: this is a pretty complex setup! If you really want to make sense of it more easily, use ramon's 'Lost Layer Tool' to quickly discover every layers masking setting (click a layer and see the top bar for changes)
You're welcome. Yeah, I still don't get how the masking works...I just set it and forget it. :) If you focus on the non-dup layers, it simplifies matters a bit.

Now how do I apply Rudiger's Morph Dials to this? :shock:
---
Edited to include link to correct topic. Please continue here:Bone morph dials script
Last edited by neeters_guy on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

that might be a conversation better continued on his thread rather than this one as it has some limitations and odd workflows we really shouldn't confuse this thread with unrelated experimentation :)

please go there...
thehj

Post by thehj »

a quick question i didn't where else to ask... in anime studio pro 7, when i export a file using this script (meshinstance_lua) it crashes, any idea please?

edit: bump; c'mon, not even a comment, help please =(
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

neeters_guy wrote:For those of you who are curious about how I adapted Selgin's set up, here's an AS file (ver. 6.2) that you can pick apart:

NG_SelginHeadTurn.zip

I also included my notes (in pdf and open office format) if you want all the messy details. Hope some of you find this useful.
Neeters - WOW. You totally, totally hit that one OUT of the PARK! I usually export my stuff in vector format to a compositor so I avoid masks whenever possible, but now I might have to reconsider. I will be studying that file. Awesome awesome awesome.

thehj - wish I could help, but I've never used the meshinstance script before, tho I understand what it does.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

It's crashing here too :( this must be due to the same multi-processor bug that is affecting morphdials... damn it (do you use a multiproc amchine?). Rudiger has been in touch with Mike about it, and It should hopefully be fixed up soon...
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

funksmaname wrote:It's crashing here too :( this must be due to the same multi-processor bug that is affecting morphdials... damn it (do you use a multiproc amchine?). Rudiger has been in touch with Mike about it, and It should hopefully be fixed up soon...
I've been playing with this script over the past few days and all I get is an error that i move to the side, I have not seen a crash yet.

Windows XP, single core.

Stephen
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Damn, lets hope that update comes soon.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

sbtamu wrote:
funksmaname wrote:It's crashing here too :( this must be due to the same multi-processor bug that is affecting morphdials... damn it (do you use a multiproc amchine?). Rudiger has been in touch with Mike about it, and It should hopefully be fixed up soon...
I've been playing with this script over the past few days and all I get is an error that i move to the side, I have not seen a crash yet.

Windows XP, single core.

Stephen
Sorry I forgot to say I'm using AS7 Pro.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

The problem is ONLY on AS7 on multiproc machines...
thehj

Post by thehj »

it never crashes unless you render (export animation) the scene
i have intel dual core laptop if that's what you mean
hope this gets solved :(
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Here's a more streamlined version: NG_SelginHeadTurn2.zip
The mouth is simpler to avoid the tangle of points in the other file. Also, I added actions for full and partial, left and right views (access in the bone layer), so you can do a 180 degree turn like this:

As with the previous file, you will need to adjust the layer order of the ears and tidy up points as needed.

DF -- Thanks for the comments :oops:. Selgin and Fazek are heroes for making this possible. I feel they're the scientists and I'm an engineer applying the concepts. :wink:
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

brilliant! brilliant! brilliant!
nicely done Neeters! :)