Tree or Human "generator" with switch layer

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

00moa00

Tree or Human "generator" with switch layer

Post by 00moa00 »

HI,
I use switch layer as a tree "generator",

It works well by simply construct a body,Branch and leaf library and switching between them for change the "face" of the tree...
You can use this tips for "generate" human, animals.... and a lot of stuff, the quality of the result depend of the library.

One question :
It's possible to switch more than one layer at the same time ?
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Please describe better. I don't quite get what you're saying. There are a lot of layers ther, I'm curious what the body*.png layers are. I really don't know how you wanted to arrange this
00moa00

i try to explain...

Post by 00moa00 »

Maybe it's much clear like that:

Its work for dresses but for legs,arms,faces and body too...
For the skeleton, you must think member by member for example:

the body_layer have dorsal bones and shoulders bones on it.
The shoulders bones are parent of the arms_switch_layer who contain arms_bones...
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I think he is suggesting bundling a library of interchangeable parts so you can create variations of trees etc with one super object ie. draw 3 variations of a branch, leaf etc then drop in several copies of your object and you can quickly make the trees look different -or that's what I guess he meant. :)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: Tree or Human "generator" with switch layer

Post by Lost Marble »

00moa00 wrote:It's possible to switch more than one layer at the same time ?
Do you mean to turn on more than one at the same time? No, a switch layer can only display one of its sub-layers at a time.
00moa00

Post by 00moa00 »

bupaje wrote:I think he is suggesting bundling a library of interchangeable parts so you can create variations of trees etc with one super object ie. draw 3 variations of a branch, leaf etc then drop in several copies of your object and you can quickly make the trees look different -or that's what I guess he meant. :)
you'r right, it's exactly that!

Okay thank you LM
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

LM wrote: Do you mean to turn on more than one at the same time? No, a switch layer can only display one of its sub-layers at a time.
:!: LM!! LM!!! :!: I am askin for this a long time ago! Please, I ask you that consider add someting like this in the future, I don't know how difficult can be, but seems (seems) a very simple thing... PLEASE! (again) It'd has Switch Layers more and MORE powerfull tool that now are, in example, if we can turn on more than on sublayers at the same time, we'd can: morphing points with masking texture effects and bone movement compatibility (because all sublayers it'd be directly parent of Switch layer), and facility for doing another things that now are difficult or simply impossible... It's SO important to me that I'm ready to $PAY$ for have this feature for me, but I don't know if you do this kind of jobs, I afraid not, but Could I know? Well, I only hope that more people want a feature like this, is my one hope (I think) :roll: ...THANKS for all and BYE!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Can be at least that two or more layers with the same name could be showed at a time without any Masking or Depth Sort features for the time being? But only show two (or more) same named layers at a time (for the moment), I don't know how difficult can be modify that in the program, but now, when I have two (or more) sublayers with the same name, both appers checked :shock: like "visibles" in the right click menu and Active Child box, finally only one layer is showed :( of course... but seems that 1/2 of the work is done! :wink:

PD: Sorry for all this insistence, but I need a feature like this and I don't know what more can I do... Well, THANK YOU & BYE!