SWF export from anime & and import to FLASH problems

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

unlapiz

SWF export from anime & and import to FLASH problems

Post by unlapiz »

Hello everybody , im new in this forum .I'm a professional animator & i been working whit this soft some years during my last production series . Now i'm in the pre-production of a new project and we need transfer some information to flash.We have a problem whit the swf imports to flash : when i import some character to flash (swf) , some times the color is broken , or the line is broken......sometimes the hand , sometimes the body , or any fragment whitout logical pattern .....someone knows any solution ?
An other strange problem whit the swf imports ( from anime ) to flash is the resize (?) of the archives : we have scenes in full hd (1920x1080) and when i import anything to flash in a new scene in the same resolution (full HD) , flash re-escales that i have imported ....?!!....
Thanks for your help (and sorry for my english)
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Buenos Dias!

From my experience with combining AS and Flash I can only guess that you have duplicate lines and shapes on top of each other, which export as broken lines and fills to Flash. Check your file closely, point-by-point, to find the problem. When I had to work with this, I decided to create that certain part by hand again and erase the wrong one, because it took too much time to check.

I haven't ever had the problem of re-sizing when exporting to swf.
unlapiz

Post by unlapiz »

Danke Slowtiger , we also have tryed this solution ( checking the construction closely ) , but is slooooow to work trying every thing we do in flash and later correct it in AS and re-checking it ...... By the way ,we have all characters finised in AS , and we have now found whit this trouble ( i never need export-import to flash).....i think other solution is launch the renders in AS in animation + alpha or png files and convert to symbols in flash.......
We have the problem about resizing in flasCS3 , we d'ont have tested with older versions....?!
Thank you very much
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

One thing you could try is *only export the stuff that moves*. In other words, if you have the body of a man, and his arm is waving, but the rest of his body does not move, just export the arm. You can export the body separately as a single-frame swf, and then use it as a symbol in Flash (makes files smaller too).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

You didn't mention yet what your target format was. Is it video? Then use PNGs.

You could send me one of the faulty files (zipped!) via mail and I'll check it.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

slowtiger wrote:You didn't mention yet what your target format was. Is it video? Then use PNGs.

You could send me one of the faulty files (zipped!) via mail and I'll check it.
Er...I would assume that if he is talking about problems within Flash, then Flash is the main compositing-style program? Why would you want to import a whole sequence of PNGs into Flash? It doesn't make sense...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
unlapiz

Post by unlapiz »

Hi jahnocli , thanks for your help . The reason for import sequences to flash is because in the future we will need to make some animations or re-use part of the material for flash ( ....games , web page , or other stuff ) relationed with internet .....

To slowtiger : the target is internet , we think in flash because we will make
a game , a web page with some animations ( ...re-uses ...) and related material via flash.....that is the intention at the end of the animation production....

...i,m continue to seek some alternative or solution.....

Thanks
donnie

Post by donnie »

Sometimes you have to make sure that no points on the problem shape are 'overlapping' or that the vector line isn't doubling back on itself or anything.

Most times the shape can be fixed by deleting and redrawing.

Also make sure 'extra sfw frame' box is checked in project settings. Check out the 'Flash Export Tips' in the Anime Studio Help file also.
unlapiz

Post by unlapiz »

Thanks donnie , i shall consider your advice