3dstudio max 6_ problems importing 3dee obj to moho

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jakob polack

3dstudio max 6_ problems importing 3dee obj to moho

Post by jakob polack »

hi there

Im fairly new to moho - made the tutorials and now I want to work with 3d objects - I`ve tried making small 3dobjects but when I import I get large black and white strangely distorted objects in my scene....sigh..It seems a little strange - dont you think ?

If anybody knows how I can get a 3d object from max6 imported and working decent in moho please write me_ thanx
JakobPOlack_dk
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Different 3D programs use different scales for building objects. Sometimes, importing an OBJ file into Moho will give you an object that is all out of proportion to the Moho workspace. This might be the cause of the distortion. (It can also cause the black outlines on the 3D object to act strange.)

To correct this, after importing your object, run the Scripts->3D->Auto-Scale menu command.

If this doesn't help, can you post a link to one of your OBJ files?
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Different 3D programs use different scales for building objects. Sometimes, importing an OBJ file into Moho will give you an object that is all out of proportion to the Moho workspace. This might be the cause of the distortion. (It can also cause the black outlines on the 3D object to act strange.)

To correct this, after importing your object, run the Scripts->3D->Auto-Scale menu command.
Also check the layer properties for the 3D-layer. In the 3D-part of the propertie-window change between the options "clockwise" and "counterclockwise". That might help, though I don't really know what these options do. I havn't been using 3D-objects so much.
jakob polack

Post by jakob polack »

hi mr site adm. :D

thanks a lot - seems to be workin all right - can max6 also "bake" the texture in order to get it into moho ?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Sorry, I don't know 3D Studio Max - someone else will have to answer that one.

Regular image textures should be exported, but things like procedural textures or lighting effects would have to be "baked".