Help! Flash export goes bananas halfway (probably my fault)

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

T

Help! Flash export goes bananas halfway (probably my fault)

Post by T »

Can anyone look at the moho file and the resulting flash file I exported (at half framerate)... it has been plaguing me for hours this morning trying to make it work, and I've run out of ideas.

Moho file: http://www.mcdavidmeek.com/moho/OldSpyzilla1.moho
(big, 5.9 meg)

Export SWF file: http://www.mcdavidmeek.com/moho/OldKookzilla5.swf
(3.2 meg, which if I could magically make smaller I would)

I've removed (I think) any image brushes and replaced them with vector graphics that accomplish same thing (prison stripes) and replaced a raster drawing of lady in thought bubble with vector version...

But it still goes nuts at about the mid point (I guess)... suddenly layer orders change and things that were behind are now in front... I'm flummoxed.

Any help would be eternally and inter-dimensionally appreciated (yes, I've had no sleep).

Thanks,

"T" :?
"T"
------------------------------------------------
One who makes no mistakes, never makes anything.

www.flyingmcdavidbros.com
T

Post by T »

Additional note, after the layer orders change, it keeps playing soundtrack but all animation stops... then it locks up at end and has to be forced to shut down...

any help appreciated.
"T"

cribble

Post by cribble »

I see whats happening, i think you've just overloaded the player with too many shapes at a time... have you tried to export them layer by layer and reconstruct them within some sort of flash program?
--Scott
cribble.net
T

Post by T »

cribble wrote:I see whats happening, i think you've just overloaded the player with too many shapes at a time... have you tried to export them layer by layer and reconstruct them within some sort of flash program?
No, I sure haven't. I don't have any kind of flash program (and unless there's an open-source version I'm not likely to any time soon).

So, reducing/combining layers wouldn't help, then, as the number of shapes would remain the same, eh? Ah well... that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Thanks for the help Cribble!
"T"

cribble

Post by cribble »

Though i've read in one of tutorials, that there are certain shapes like say a ring with no inner fill (if you know what i'm talking about), that can overload the player.... or something like that i'm not sure.

I'm sure theres a cheapish flash spftware out there somewhere on the market that could aid you.... aslo check the "other software" part of the forum... there's probably a useful thread in there somewhere which could be used to your advantage.
--Scott
cribble.net