:?: import Moho work to Director through .swf

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

TDR wrote:True. But I lose my layering, and the use of alpha channel. Director can drop out the background of layered Flash... and maintain programmability of the Flash layers.
Director can't import a quicktime with alpha channel or a sequence of 24bit PNGs/TIFFs with builtin alphas? You'll lose whatever layering control you are talking about, but would still have alphas.
TDR

Post by TDR »

Lost Marble wrote:Moho will output an alpha channel if you export to QuickTime, but FLV may not support alpha - I don't know about that.
Exactly.

Director can't use QuickTime's alpha. I might be able to get the background dropped out of an FLV, but a SWF I have a lot more control over. I can effect individual layers through code. Which, can be a very useful thing. :wink:
TDR

Post by TDR »

LittleFenris wrote:
Director can't import a quicktime with alpha channel or a sequence of 24bit PNGs/TIFFs with builtin alphas? You'll lose whatever layering control you are talking about, but would still have alphas.
Yes, it can do that. It isn't optimal, but it can do it. So can Flash, for that matter... but the production process is prohibitive. Run a separate output from Moho for each layer, import and recomposite them in something else? I can't see that happening.