moho elements - symbols in flash

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Leon77

moho elements - symbols in flash

Post by Leon77 »

hi everybody,

its a nice forum! so i hope to find the answer to my question right here...

its strange.

sometimes flah mx recognizes elements of moho and puts them into symbols. there for i dont have to change stuff pic by pic. i can do my work inside of a symbol and the whole movie changes.

certainly its only luck if the symbols have been created or not ... maybe anyone can help. i wanna know how to make sure every moho-element becomes a symbol in flash mx.

a quick answer would be great!

so long

leon
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I think you need to hit F8 (or "Modify" menu -> "Convert to symbol") inside Flash MX, if I understand your question correctly. You will need to do this for each moho entity you import.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Take a look at the Moho manual, Reference section, Flash Tips. Things like point motion, bone warping, and 3D movement make it so that Moho has to export frame-by-frame to Flash. Flash just doesn't have an efficient way to duplicate some of Moho's features, so they need to be exported in non-optimal ways.
Leon77

thanx

Post by Leon77 »

yo, i think thats it. if i dont use bones n stuff it works. what a pitty. cause the bone-movement is the best ive ever seen.... okay, thank u anyway. i ll see what i can do ;)

leon
myles

Re: thanx

Post by myles »

Leon77 wrote:a pitty. cause the bone-movement is the best
It's possible you may still be able to use bones and retain symbols, but assign layers to them rather than points, using a "cut-out" (paper puppet/marionette) style of animation (moving the whole limb rather than part of it).

I can't confirm this - I don't use/own Flash - anyone ?

Regards, Myles.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Yes I can confirm this. It works a treat especially if you don't put outlines around things.