Linux toolchain

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Blighty

Linux toolchain

Post by Blighty »

Hey,

I just wanted to ask the Linux users on this forum what programs they use with Anime Studio to create a finished animation.
I've been using Linux as my main OS for about 6 years now but always kept a Windows partition to use Particle Illusion and a decent video editor.

Lately I've decided to do all my animation stuff in Linux only and even though I like to tinker with various programs I don't want to reinvent the wheel. So I'm compiling a short list of various programs like Mplayer and FFMpeg on a website
http://blighty.50webs.com

If you have any suggestions or comments please let me know, I want to have a workflow that allows me to focus on the animation without worrying if program X can do this or that.
Genete

Post by Genete »

To composite a image sequence I use this:

Code: Select all

png2yuv -b 0 -f 24 -I p -j yourfilenamehere%04d.png > yourfilename.yuv

and

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i yourfilename.yuv -sameq yourfilename.avi
read png2yuv built in help. It comes from mpegtools package.

To add sound I use a combination of audacity and cinelerra for final video edition.

If want to mix two animations with transparency you should import directly the png to cinelerra. It is a little hard to manage but works.

This is to create a master of your work. To reencode to reduce size I use avidemux.

-G
Blighty

Post by Blighty »

Thanks for those commands, I'll add them to my arsenal.
I usually skip that step though and import the image sequence directly, a program called seven-gnomes reads the PNG image sequence and then creates a text file that lets Cinelerra read in the images without needing to convert them first.

So far though Cinelerra seems to have more features than I need.
Have you tried any other multimedia software for Linux? I've taken a look at Hydrogen for creating basic music loops and Cinepaint looks interesting but I don't know anyone who's used it.