Scale compensation

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rubendg

Scale compensation

Post by Rubendg »

A quick tutorial on how to use scale compensation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsvjuCV ... TX&index=2
synthsin75

Re: Scale compensation

Post by synthsin75 »

Isn't scale compensation usually enabled by default?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, I think you're right. I have Scale Compensation on by default on and I don't think I ever enabled this deliberately.

That said, I think Scale Compensation should be more adjustable by the user. I've run into the situation described in the video many times where the lines are thinner or thicker than I'd like them to be after scaling.

There should be a way to set how thick or thin the scale compensation should be when scaling to certain sizes, like 'X thick at 200%' and 'Y thin at 1%', and additional options for setting a min and max thickness. These settings should be available in a group/layer setting, as well as in the project settings for global behavior.

Some 3D programs I use let me set how thick or thin I want cel-shaded outlines to render based on z-depth range (i.e., 'X thick at this nearness', and 'Y thin at this distance'.) I really want these settings more for scaling in Moho but having a depth based option would be welcome too.
Rubendg

Post by Rubendg »

synthsin75 wrote:Isn't scale compensation usually enabled by default?
Yes, that's right. I have disabled it myself a long time ago and I found it very helpfull. Maybe I should have added that in the tutorial but still, I think it can be usefull for people who are in trouble with their lines.