Jeremy - WIP

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Jeremy - WIP

Post by bupaje »

I decided to start working on some characters for a short just to get experience. I like Moho's drawing tools -really the first vector tools I dig into. Anyhow I'm going to start with a character called Jeremy and I'm going to try to post my progress here as I go as a motivator to me and a way to get feedback and suggestions. This is my first bit here. Going to work out the basic body then get started on those switch layers for the eyes and mouth and then the bones. I'm predicting the shoes from the front are going to be hard to draw. :)

http://stormvisions.com/moho/jeremy1.jpg
Last edited by bupaje on Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Moving along slowly but added a bit. Detoured for a few hours with the hands which need plenty of work -turned out way too 'manly' for a little guy.

http://stormvisions.com/moho/jeremy4.jpg
Last edited by bupaje on Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Well spent another few hours to add a few more parts - pretty sure I'd be one of those 'starvin' artists' if I did this for a living.

I also think I messed up this guy for animating; broke everything up into different folders, tried some masking groups thinking I was going to put in all these shadows/light effects and of course didn't think about the bones and so on. Now I tried a quick test and diverse parts of his body dance merrily on thier way while leaving the rest of the anatomy in place. Anyway I still have a lot to go and this is just an effort to learn how to use this after all -now I know several more things I shouldn't do. ;)

Last edited by bupaje on Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent

Post by Agent »

nice stuff man
Have you already add the bones to the character? 'Cos you may have trouble when you want to move the arms.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Yep, did a quick test as I mentioned and didn't work to good because of the way I broke it up; I drew a lot of the stuff seperate and put all the parts in different groups head group, body group etc and within that I also broke down some stuff like I made the hands seperate from the arms figuring I'd be switching them and then I added masking groups figuring I'd add those shadows as per the sample LM posted in the "How do I?" forum and needless to say it is a bit of a confusing mess of folders now -neatly ordered if I was just sorting text documents but not well thought out for animating.

Still the effort is not lost as I am learning by trial and error (be better if I learned by reading the instructions, but hey what can you do .... ;) ) I may just redraw him after working out a basic outline of the steps on paper so I do it in some sort of order instead of jumping around. The mouth also may look cute in a still but the single line won't be as cute or expressive when animated I suspect, more stuff I noted but again I did learn some stuff to do -and not to do. :)