The Heresy Saga Blog

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AngryMonster

The Heresy Saga Blog

Post by AngryMonster »

Hi people!

You may have seen an early post of mine ... basically me showing off a 'secret project' :wink:

Well I am proud to present The Heresy Saga Blog

The Heresy Saga is a project we are working on (in our own time) and we decided to create a blog so we can share our ideas and work processes.

We are currently in pre-production for the first Ep. The trailer (that will be released soon) is mostly animated in Flash. However, we have since discoverded AS... and from the first episode onwards we will be mostly animating with Anime.

We welcome any questions about our project or animation or whatever. Although, keep in mind we are still learning AS. But we are confident in all the other areas of production.

Thanks a lot
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Excellent! Very professional-looking -- nicely drawn, moody atmospherics -- can't wait to see more!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

awesome work guys! good luck with the project.
kphgraphics

Post by kphgraphics »

Very nice! Hope to see more.
bonvivant

Post by bonvivant »

Just caught the last two updates and wow. Amazing. This is gonna be huge. Thanks for sharing your process so openly with the community here, nevermind the multiple updates in one day.

I'd be interested to know, if possible, what approach you're taking to marketing and monetizing your work, and who your target audience is. If you'd rather not answer, no worries, I'd just love to know how the pros are handling this evolution of the web.

Thanks again for the awesome blog.
AngryMonster

Post by AngryMonster »

Thanks guys for the props!

Bonvivant - At the moment its a labour of love. That's why we work on it only when we can. Also, we are using it as a bit of a testing ground for our paid jobs.

Although if we can find out a way to make money with it we will :wink:

If we can create a small community around it ... that would be great.
bakenius

Post by bakenius »

really impressive! That's also the slickest after effects basic 3d shots I've seen in ages.

I'm eager to see where this is going!
AngryMonster

Post by AngryMonster »

Hi

I just posted one of the first scenes fromThe Heresy Saga

The animation is pretty subtle ... but trust me he is breathing!

We are pretty excited about using AS ... it makes this subtle stuff easy!
bonvivant

Post by bonvivant »

This is breathtaking. Simply brilliant. Can't wait to see more.
berget

Post by berget »

AngryMonster wrote:Hi

I just posted one of the first scenes fromThe Heresy Saga

The animation is pretty subtle ... but trust me he is breathing!

We are pretty excited about using AS ... it makes this subtle stuff easy!
Wow. Really like that animation. :) Keep up the good work!
Dr. Nick

Post by Dr. Nick »

Omygod... truely amazing. This is great. And your animation is not as subtle as you think. I caught your swine herder breathing on the first pass. That's exactly the kind of subtle effect that makes a huge difference in the impact of the work. I think that's the kind of thing that sets your AS work apart from run-of-the-mill churn-it-out-as-fast-as-you-can-to-make-a-quick-buck limited animation.

Your cell-shading is gorgeous, you literally breath life into your characters, and your effects are seemlessly blended to create a marvelous viewing experience. For "temporary backgrounds" your work looks quite polished to me.

I can't wait to view your finished production ~~ I do hope to see it made available on WWW 2.0.

Fantastic work!
Dr. Nick
----
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."

-Confucius
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

Nice work guys.

Big up the TUI STUDIO massive!

GK
Patrick McClintock

Heresy saga

Post by Patrick McClintock »

AngryMonster,
Can you tell us a little more, without blowing the storyline, about the kind of toon the Heresy Saga will be? for example is it an action film? Is it an original story or a marquee idea? Pardon the script writer's lingo, obviously I've been doing a little reading.
P.
AngryMonster

Post by AngryMonster »

Thanks guys

GreyKid - thanks for the 'mad props'. Coming from you guys it means a lot.
Especially considering the kinda heat you guys carry!

Patrick - (with out blowing the storyline) it is a tale set in the middle ages that deals with the different ways people perceive evil. The main focus of the story is a teenager named Corbin.

What kind of toon is it - Action/Drama. As I have said before we are mainly doing it for ourselves - something WE would want to see, a good learning tool, and we only hope other people find it entertaining ... then I think our heads would explode with pride. It is not aimed at children ... Maybe because we have spent most of our working lives doing stuff for children (not that that is an issue with us).

Script writing - good on you ... script writing is like animation which is like spinning plates! ... lots of things to think about all of the time. :shock:

::EDIT::

Infact - Master plate spinning and you have mastered life.

Cheers
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

AngryMonster wrote:Thanks guys

GreyKid - thanks for the 'mad props'. Coming from you guys it means a lot.
Especially considering the kinda heat you guys carry!
Thanks man...

Talkin about heat, we're about to crank it up with a project we just finished - hopefully we'll post it soon.

I know you guys got in touch with us some time ago - really like your work. There may be something in future that we can work on together.

PM us and we'll chat via email.

GK