Birds

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cribble

Birds

Post by cribble »

I made this within an hour, but MoHo's flash export still wasn't up to scratch, so i had to spend about another two hours putting in the colour. But heres the outcome.

Birds
--Scott
cribble.net
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

What's wrong with Moho's Flash output? I don't want to sound defensive, but in V5 beta 2 I thought it was shaping up pretty good. Then again, I'm not sure which version of Moho you're using...
Simpy

Post by Simpy »

right........................ :roll:

A hooting bird....

interesting :oops:
Fear Me Mortals
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

i can appreciate the time you put into colouring it, but beta 2's flash export is fine, you should really download it =P
cribble

Post by cribble »

I do have beta2 and the export was still giving me troubles. It didn't import the blue bird and the black bird properly, just the outlines.

Heres the file:

Birds File - 255kb (right click and Save Target as..)

The file was made in a MoHo V4, then exported using the MoHo 5 Beta2.

another example is this (except this ones petty):

Moho Export (20kb)...

....imported and exported to flash(4kb)

I understand being defensive over the export, as some people have had no troubles with it, but i've had a few higgles. Do you think the file has the 8 shaped business you said about in antoher thread?

oh Simpy, the animation was aimed to be crap. I just like random.
--Scott
cribble.net
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

cribble, thanks for posting the Moho file. I figured out what the problem is, and we'll fix it for beta 3. It seems that in your objects that didn't import into Flash you did a strange thing:

In these objects, you often seem to have welded two adjacent points together. While Moho 4 allows this, it isn't a good thing to do (Moho 5 prevents you from doing this). I'm guessing that you did this to remove one of the points, but the better approach would be to just select one of the points and press the Backspace/Delete key to delete it.

When you weld two adjacent points together, you're not actually deleting one of them. What you're doing is compressing the curve segment between them down to nothing. The problem is that this ends up making the remaining welded point appear as a sharp corner, and you no longer have the ability to change the curvature through that point.

The other problem, of course, is that it confuses Flash. The Flash player seems OK with it, but once again the Flash authoring tool sees things differently - it apparently really hates zero-length curve segments. So, we'll make it so Moho can correctly export these shapes, but it's still not a good idea to weld two adjacent points together.

When beta 3 is released, try these files again, and they should work much better.
cribble

Post by cribble »

In these objects, you often seem to have welded two adjacent points together. While Moho 4 allows this, it isn't a good thing to do (Moho 5 prevents you from doing this). I'm guessing that you did this to remove one of the points, but the better approach would be to just select one of the points and press the Backspace/Delete key to delete it.
yeah i did this alot, because it was the way i learnt to adjust the angles and smoothness of curves... damm i was so lazy.

Thanks for clearing things up though and i look forward (as always) to the next beta release.
--Scott
cribble.net
Simpy

Post by Simpy »

LM is a genius :) :wink:
Fear Me Mortals
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

I like the style of the characters. They have a modern look that I've seen on greetings cards and in some children's books.

Cheers,
Dave
cribble

Post by cribble »

Banterfield wrote:I like the style of the characters. They have a modern look that I've seen on greetings cards and in some children's books.

Cheers,
Yeah i was going for the child look. So everyones all like "awww" then comes the final birds blast, it kind of shocks the audience (or sends them into laughter if you understand the humor... i have a real bad sense of humor!1). Thanks for the comment.
--Scott
cribble.net
Simpy

Post by Simpy »

They actually scared me more than anything, truth be told.

I didn't know whether i should run screaming or get a butcher knife..... :oops:
Fear Me Mortals